Working With My Hero!
There are many people in the world who would do anything to work with their idols just for one day.. but, how about working with them for eternity one whole year? Not only did I start my own toy venture but, I am also an avid toy collector as well. I have a wide range of vinyl and resin toys ranging from Hulk figures to the Kidrobot Dunny's. What stands out the most in my whole collection is my Erick Scarecrow toys, my prized and most valuable. I have always admired Erick's creativity in his pieces in which inspired me a lot through my thinking process. Sketching constantly and figuring out different character poses was the most hardy when it comes to developing toys.
My first designs were scrap and more or less, I made many paper basketballs out of them. After figuring out the style I wanted, it wasn't difficult to figure out the rest. Zora and Skiddlyboop were my first toys I produced which I was very very proud of!
After the stressful grind of getting ready for New York Comic Con last October, I am glad my hard work paid off in the end! It was a truly amazing and unforgettable event, that I will always remember. At the end of the show my father introduced me to Erick at his booth - we got acquainted with one another and talked about future plans and ideas. It was like a dream, I can't explain it.. but, you all get the point.
What surprised me the most was that Erick liked my company and was a firm believer that it will potentially become something in the history books. Fast forwarding to now, Frombie has a big lineup for 2012 and I am glad my hero, my new friend and coach will be their to watch Frombie grow.
My first designs were scrap and more or less, I made many paper basketballs out of them. After figuring out the style I wanted, it wasn't difficult to figure out the rest. Zora and Skiddlyboop were my first toys I produced which I was very very proud of!
After the stressful grind of getting ready for New York Comic Con last October, I am glad my hard work paid off in the end! It was a truly amazing and unforgettable event, that I will always remember. At the end of the show my father introduced me to Erick at his booth - we got acquainted with one another and talked about future plans and ideas. It was like a dream, I can't explain it.. but, you all get the point.
What surprised me the most was that Erick liked my company and was a firm believer that it will potentially become something in the history books. Fast forwarding to now, Frombie has a big lineup for 2012 and I am glad my hero, my new friend and coach will be their to watch Frombie grow.


