Serious Eye Candy


Larry David once said, "Anyone can be confident with a full head of hair. But a confident bald man - there's your diamond in the rough." 


I was going through my recent images when I came across this one. It really struck me by surprise again and was like looking at a chandelier all lit up. I remember at New York Comic Con, many husband's wives would return and ask how much this piece was. We would tell them sorry unfortunately it was not for sale at this time. This piece took more than 25 hours of work putting every crystal on piece by piece. It was called: Bling Bling Zora, a perfect name for it, it was obviously a no brainer. It was made by Alex Yeung and Cindy Chan, Frombie's Director of Operations. 


Things like this are like the Wonders of the world, they are priceless. Larry David's quote reminded me of this because Zora has a full set of hair but, meanwhile it really is a diamond in the rough too! I thought it was clever how it tied the two things about this figure together nicely. In my years of collecting figures I've never seen one like this, I'm serious! I am glad people admired the artwork and time put into this as much as we enjoyed displaying it at the show. There were many more customs in the display case as well that were also commented on like: Robo Zora, Super Zora and the Wood texture Zora as well. 


This picture above would not have been possible if it was not for Gservo's Photography! Thanks again guys for taking this and a few others.

We have been asked frequently if we would ever produce more of these. My answer to everyone who asked would probably be yes. I think it will take some time to do, but, we can definitely talk about it again later down the line. I say definitely, if we start looking into jewelry as well! 


"Diamonds are forever." Ian Flemming

Popular Posts