Perfection
Happy New Year everyone! May you all have a healthy and prosperous 2012. I just got back from cold Montreal with my Fiance and let me tell you, it was soo cold! We absolutely loved it and we recommend it to anyone who has not been to Montreal or Canada. I feel now I am a Montreal expert so you should definitely check out these places:
St. Catherine street was one of the nicest places in Montreal and most active I'd say with an IMax theater that was humongous (we saw Mission Impossible, soo good)! Also, many many stores down St. Catherine like Roots, H&M and to those Urban Outfitters fanatics there was a big store as well. I checked my iPhone and it said it was about 20 degrees outside and thank God for all those stores because we walked in to them as much as possible to stay warm! I wanted to share these photos with you all and if you guys ever go to St.Catherine street take a lot of pictures because it is really a Kodak hotspot.
The snow on the ground was getting really slushy, but, it did not bother me that much. It only just ruined my favorite pair of Vans sneakers I brought with me on the trip. Whew, and thank goodness for those people putting salt and little pebbles on the sidewalks so we didn't slip! I was happy to see the holiday spirit was still lively while walking around. Every tree was lit up decoratively and wrapped well too! You really felt that Christmas was still here. At night it was amazing because every street corner and street was lit up in festive glow.
After visiting the Bio Dome we took a cable elevator up to the top of the Olympic Tower. The Guinness Book of World Records tower was scary at first (because I am afraid of heights) was great because we could see all of Montreal. Everything seemed so little from above and we read that it was the only leaning man-made tower ever built! It was 541 feet tall!
Old Montreal was so beautiful, it was one of our favorite places to go. They had many top rated great restaurants that we wanted to try but, we found a place called Gibbys that was soo good. If any of you guys are dying for a great steak dinner in Montreal, this is the place to go! Anyway, Old Montreal's buildings were extremely old as you can see in the picture some of them were from the early 1800s. Across the street from here was a great ice skating place that my Fiance really wanted to go see. It was a frozen over lake (its safe, don't worry) and a great place for a date night.
No... we did not find Quasimodo ringing the bell at the Notre-Dame but, we did go inside and see some amazing architecture. Inside the Notre-Dame I felt so holy if that is the word to describe it, It was really moving and I sat on one of the benches to pray for a great coming year. My Fiance and I definitely recommend this to anyone who likes to go and see old historical churches. The artwork and mosaics inside are also something to look at as well while you're there.
We will be sure to return to Montreal in the future again because it was such a great and unforgettable trip. We want to explore more of Canada and maybe do some whale watching too! Canada is so close to us and has so many historical areas that we want to go see. Almost forgot to tell you guys, we were only there for three days too! But, if you plan on going in the winter time, you definitely might want to bring a jacket just in case.





